Valley of the Sun YMCA Announces FREE COVID-19 Testing in Maryvale
By Lisa Padilla -
Friday Jul 17, 2020
The Valley of the Sun YMCA, in partnership with Embry Women’s Health, is hosting a series of free community COVID-19 testing events at the Watts Family Maryvale YMCA; aiming to address the seriousness of COVID-19 cases in the community. The events are open to the public and run each Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. through the end of the August. Those who need a test must pre-register on the website – visit http://www.valleyymca.org and click on the home page banner to register.
Free COVID-19 testing at the Watts Family Maryvale YMCA
● Each weekend through August, beginning July 18
● 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Watts Family Maryvale YMCA and Embry Women’s Health
Watts Family Maryvale YMCA
3825 N. 67th Avenue
Maryvale, AZ 85003
● Maryvale is currently the hardest hit city in the Valley for COVID-19 cases
● A top partner in the community with relationships that stretch across several arenas, the Watts Family Maryvale YMCA has partnered with Embry Women’s Health to offer free COVID-19 testing to the community. This series of testing events is not associated with the governor’s testing blitz.
● As many members of the Maryvale community do not own vehicles, special accommodations will be made for those who cannot drive up in vehicles. A walk-up tent with portable air conditioning has been devised so that all members of the community can benefit from the testing.
● Portable A/C units were donated by the Arizona Asian Chamber of Commerce, who also helped to secure volunteer nurses for the events, as well.