The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show Returns Jan. 12-14 at the Arizona State Fairgrounds
By Claire Natale -
Tuesday Jan 09, 2024
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, the largest home show in the Southwest, returns to the Arizona State Fairgrounds on Friday, Jan. 12 through Sunday, Jan. 14. Come discover what makes Arizona special with over 1,000 vendor booths showcasing products and offering services on home improvement, interior design, outdoor living, landscaping and more. Accompanying this exciting shopping experience is the opportunity to enjoy food and beverage samples at the Taste of the Desert and engage in crafting workshops at the handmade headquarters.
“This show offers something for everyone – a greenhouse, kids’ corner, the ultimate backyard, to name a few,” said Katie Jones, Maricopa County Home Show manager. “We’re kicking off 2024 with a weekend full of fun and activities - all covered with the $5 admission. Celebrate our state with Arizona-inspired crafting workshops and more. Plus, in our 31st year, this show will achieve a milestone of 4 million attendees. The lucky 4 millionth guest will win a free hot tub at the show!”
WHO: The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, complete with hundreds of home improvement, design and landscaping products and services offered at exclusive show pricing.
WHAT: Unique show attractions include (FREE with admission):
• The Ultimate Backyard: Explore a fully immersive backyard that showcases the latest outdoor and backyard must-haves like hot tubs, outdoor kitchens, trampolines and more for all budgets. Kids can even ride karts on tracks designed specifically for backyard use.
• Taste of the Desert: Indulge in a unique culinary experience featuring complimentary samples from a curated selection of local food and beverage merchants. Learn about the history of canning and preserving, discover how cowboys made coffee and expand your cocktail and culinary knowledge.
• Plant Pavilion: Wander through a stunning assortment of house plants, cacti, succulents, exotic plants, pottery, terrariums, trees, soil, supplies and décor.
• Handmade Headquarters: Sign up for FREE make-and-take crafts, including clay cactus wall décor, copper arrowhead pendants, Arizona-inspired accessories, crotchet keychains and more.
• Kids’ Corner: Free do-it-yourself workshops for kids aged 4 to 12. Bring the family and decorate ceramic cacti pots, create an Arizona state bird, or build and decorate a wooden planter.
• Ask a Master Gardener: The Master Gardeners are highly trained experts in everything from container gardening to growing vegetables and succulents. Watch and learn as they discuss and demonstrate the basics of planting and maintaining your garden
• Mid-Century Modern Home: Walk through a 1,600-square-foot home replica featuring mid-century décor and furniture in multiple rooms. Learn how you can remodel and decorate your home by using supplies from your local ReStore.
• Seminars: All weekend long (FREE at the Show)
o Turf 101: Learn about the different types and qualities of synthetic grass with tips to transform your home into a green oasis.
o DIY cabinet refreshing tips: Transform your old and dull cabinets into stunning statement pieces.
o Pest ID: Discover how to identify dangerous pests versus helpful ones with live and enclosed examples.
o Learn how to save/protect your patio furniture and outdoor décor all year round.
• I Beg Your Garden: Meet experts in natural gardening methods and traveling maintenance services. Learn how they source the finest quality seeds, build, and install cedar or redwood garden beds, fertilize, and more.
• Design Your Backyard Oasis: FREE walk-up landscape consultation and take-home design with the landscaping professionals, a value of $350. Don’t forget to bring your existing backyard pictures and measurements for a personalized session.
• Four Millionth Guest: The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show will see its four millionth guest this January 2024 and that calls for a celebration. The lucky four millionth guest will win an Eco Spa Hot Tub with storage steps, an enzyme starter kit, delivery and installation.
WHERE: The Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W. McDowell Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85007
COST: General Admission: $5 daily for adults, FREE for children under 12.
Senior Morning: Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., admission for guests 60 and older is $2.
Customer Appreciation: $2 admission Friday and Sunday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Military Appreciation: $3 admission with valid military ID all three days.
January Birthdays: Visit the pink prize tent for a complimentary gift with valid ID.
Taste the Desert: FREE with Home Show admission
Scotter and wheelchair rentals available
Free fidget spinners for kids 4 to 17. While supplies last.
Sign up for discount tickets at https://link.edgepilot.com/s/ba2d48b1/czXYhpQrQUuWe-jO2Rwb_Q?u=http://www.mchomeshows.com/
Onsite parking: $12 onsite parking for $12 cash or card. Discounted parking available at the adjacent lot.
Large food court and on-site ATMs for your convenience. Cash and card accepted.
Introducing Platinum Guests: Show your platinum lanyard to receive a free gift at the pink prize tent. Sign up at our website to join the Platinum Guest Club.
For more information about the Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, call 602.485.1691 or visit MCHomeshows.com. Facebook facebook.com/HomeShows and Instagram @maricopacountyhomeshows.