The ‘Gardens of the World’ Debut at The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show Oct 15-17
By Ryann Checchi -
Monday Sep 13, 2021
The Maricopa County Home & Garden Show, the largest home show in the Southwest, returns to WestWorld of Scottsdale Friday, October 15 through Sunday, October 17 featuring ‘Gardens of the World,’ a themed landscape competition for the first time. Shop fall-inspired indoor and outdoor decorating ideas and high-tech ways to elevate your entertainment space for the holiday season. The show features a variety of local small businesses, artisans, and the best assortment of home improvement companies across the Valley.
“For the first time ever at the Home Show, you can transport to different regions of the world by walking through the elaborate ‘Gardens of the World’ attraction and vote for your favorite gardenscape,” said Katie Jones, show manager. “Our fall event displays an array of inspiration for Arizonians to spruce up their home for the holiday season with one-of-a-kind décor with the best deals in design, remodeling and landscape. Guests can enjoy DIY workshops, free gardening and crafting classes, complimentary home improvement consultations and more.”
Unique Show Attractions (FREE with admission):
• ‘Garden of the World’ Landscape Competition: Travel through one of the most ambitious attractions ever. Vote for your favorite gardenscape to win the coveted “Best in Show” award and receive a complimentary luggage tag, while supplies last. Walk through a Royal Garden inspired by a French Chateau, a Winter Wonderland of Norway; see ultimate lounging possibilities at the Arabian Nights inspired garden, and the classic All-American Backyard full of red, white, and blue pride.
• Immersive Four Room Home Entertainment Experience: Envision elevating your space with stunning technology by experiencing the four home automation entertainment zones featuring the most prominent brands in audio, visual and smart home solutions. First, step inside and feel the movie in the immersive Family Theater Experience with surround sound and projection. Next, explore the Innovation Showcase complete with new technology including invisible speakers, automated shades and fixtures. Plus, check out modern AV possibilities in the Outdoor Entertainment zone. Lastly, stop by the Design Studio Inspiration Showcase where experts can create a free design and consultation. From product selection to design and installation, the Best Buy automation experts will help you create a budget friendly plan for your living space needs. *Bring your floorplans & room photos.
• Handmade Headquarters: Sign up for FREE make-and-take crafts, including Autumn Harvest bath bombs, aromatherapy bath salts of lavender, mint or chamomile, Arizona fall and holiday themed crafts, glass etching, trendy wood plank signs and more!
• DIY Demos and Seminars: All weekend long
o Air fryer recipes for everyone
o Residential water systems 101
o How to Prepare Your Home to Sell… Do I Remodel or Leave as is?
o New material trends, the good and the bad, for remodeling
• Make Your Own Beeswax Candle: Buzz on over to the AZ Queen Bee booth to roll your own take-home beeswax candle. Sample the latest in her collection, jalapeno whipped honey plus local favorites, desert bloom, infused cinnamon and many more buzz worthy goodies.
• Fall Flower Arrangement: Learn tricks of the trade from Certified Master Florist, Tina from Create Yours, on how to arrange flowers like a pro for any occasion. Through this hands-on workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to be creative while learning the basics about flowers and floral design. Plus, take home your arrangement at the end of the workshop.
• The Master Gardeners are Back: Receive expert advice & get the answers to all your gardening questions from the UofA Master Gardeners. FREE seminars featuring 10 steps to a successful garden, raised garden beds, growing wildflowers & so many more seasonal tips.
• Design Your Backyard Staycation: FREE walk-up landscape consultation and take-home design with the landscaping professionals at Horticultural Frontiers, a value of $350. Don’t forget to bring your existing backyard pictures and measurements.
• Dog Tricks & Obedience Training Demo’s: Watch amazing tricks & demonstrations of basic to advanced obedience training from the skilled professionals at Dog Training Elite.
Friday, October 15 - Sunday, October 17
Friday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WestWorld of Scottsdale
16601 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale AZ 85260
General Admission: $5 daily for adults, $1 for children 3-12 years old, 2 years and younger are free.
Senior Morning: Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., $1 admission for guests 60 and older.
Customer Appreciation: $1 admission Friday and Sunday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Military Appreciation: $1 admission with valid military identification all three days.
October Birthdays: Visit the info booth for a special gift with valid ID.
Sign up for discounted tickets at MChomeshows.com.
Parking & More: $10 for onsite parking cash only per the City of Scottsdale, enter at Bell and 94th Street or Pima Road and WestWorld Drive. Large food court and ATMs onsite for your convenience. *Note this is a cash only facility.
For more information about the Maricopa County Home Show, call 602.485.1691 ext. 4 or visit MChomeshows.com. Follow them on Facebook at facebook.com/HomeShows.