One Step Beyond Annual Help Us Grow Gala Scheduled for November 12
By Justin Liggin -
Wednesday Oct 19, 2022
One Step Beyond, Inc. (OSBI), a leading provider of innovative education programs for adults who have intellectual disabilities, today announced its 2022 Help Us Grow (HUG) Gala will be held at Creighton University in Central Phoenix from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 12. The Gala will include inspirational presentations, a live and silent auction, plated dinner and a special tribute to Bonni Schwartz for her many years of advocacy and service for the disability community.
“Our annual HUG Gala will be an amazing event,” says CEO Madison Blanton. “I’m looking forward to celebrating achievement and heroes in our Valley community and hope others will consider joining us as public support is an important part of One Step Beyond’s success.”
Individuals interested in attending the One Step Beyond 2022 HUG Gala may purchase individual tickets or table admission packages. Tickets are tax deductible and available for $200 per person. A table of 10 is $2,000. Tickets include admission, access to the live and silent auction and a plated dinner. Ticket and table reservations are available via the One Step Beyond website.
Blanton adds, “Our annual Gala helps us provide much-needed resources so that we can continue to offer consistent, high-quality programming that our participants and their families expect. With the community’s help, we can meet the demand and ensure every individual we support has the opportunity to live their best life.”
Anyone who is unable to attend the Gala but wishes to support One Step Beyond is welcome to join the online silent auction on the OSBI website regardless of Gala ticket purchase. Individuals may also support the One Step Beyond mission by making a monetary donation via the One Step Beyond website. OSBI is a qualifying agency for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit where a gift of up to $400 (single filers) or up to $800 (filing jointly) can reduce state tax liability by the same amount.
Sponsorship Partners of the 2022 One Step Beyond HUG Gala include:
• National Bank of Arizona
• Travis McGann
• Assured Partners
• Beale, Micheaels, Slack & Shughart P.C.
• Ed & Chris Schweitzer
• Woodside Health
Friends of OSBI
• Dignity Health
• Grace Huang & Ken Kotzur
• KQ Architects
• Take It Easley Productions
• Trucker Huss
• Westside Speech & Language Services
Individuals or businesses interested in sponsorship opportunities should contact Suzanne Romaine at [email protected].
One Step Beyond’s one-of-a-kind educational, recreational, employment, and life skills programming enables participants to achieve independence, self-sufficiency and employment that enables participants to contribute to and achieve greater social participation in their communities.
• Culinary training programs take place in a commercial kitchen with an emphasis on customer service, healthy dietary planning, food preparation, and proper sanitation skills that equip participants with the necessary skills to seek employment in the food industry.
• Life skills programs help members strengthen independent living skills, with an emphasis on money management, functional literacy, social skills, and safe community access.
• Employment programs provide training and volunteer opportunities for self-reliance that lead to competitive or supported employment. OSBI covers the cost of roundtrip transportation for the member and their job coach to ensure success and a positive experience for the individual and the employer.
• Recreation and fine arts programs provide music, art, dance, and fitness with an emphasis on personal wellness. OSBI also has a formal partnership with Special Olympics with more than 300 OSBI athletes participating in year-round sports training and tournaments. The organization is the first and only campus-based day training program that has a special needs hockey team, The One Step Coyotes.
About One Step Beyond, Inc.
Phoenix-based One Step Beyond, Inc. (OSBI) is a private, non-profit organization that provides comprehensive programming and services for adults who have intellectual disabilities. One Step Beyond empowers its members to achieve independence, self-sufficiency and employment through innovative culinary, education, fitness and arts programs as well as strategic partnerships with local businesses that enable participants to contribute to and achieve greater social participation in their communities. One Step Beyond has four locations in the Phoenix Metro area, including Glendale, Peoria, Scottsdale and Surprise as well as a location in San Carlos, California. For more information about One Step Beyond programs and services visit https://osbi.org/