Life Time Biltmore to Reopen May 18, Closely Followed by Other Phoenix Locations
By Lisa Padilla -
Saturday May 16, 2020
In response to positive feedback from members, Life Time, the nation’s premier healthy lifestyle brand with more than 150 high-end destinations across the U.S. and Canada, has announced the reopening of its Phoenix-area locations beginning Monday, May 18 with Life Time Biltmore. The athletic club, located at 2580 E. Camelback Rd., will open its doors at 5 a.m.
Life Time’s other Phoenix-area destinations will open their doors on Wednesday, May 20 at 5 a.m.:
-Life Time Gilbert | 381 East Warner Rd., Gilbert, AZ 85296
-Life Time North Scottsdale | 6850 E Chauncey Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85054
-Life Time Palm Valley | 14540 W McDowell Rd., Goodyear, AZ 85395
-Life Time Tempe | 1616 W Ruby Dr., Tempe, AZ 85284
The company, led by Founder, CEO and Chairman Bahram Akradi, has launched club safety pages to its website, https://my.lifetime.life/safety, to help provide members and the broader community with information about its social distancing, cleaning and sanitation, hygiene and screening and other health-related protocols for members, team members and guests. In addition, Life Time recently sought feedback from members and team members to ensure the club meets their expectations to help promote safety.
“As a company founded on member point of view, we want our members to have confidence and peace of mind that Life Time is committed to creating an environment that helps reduce risks associated with COVID-19,” says Life Time Chief Operating Officer Jeff Zwiefel. “Reopening Life Time with enhanced health and safety protocols, we believe, is in the best interest of our members’ physical and mental health, and will empower them to take control of their health through exercise, proper nutrition and lifestyle changes to boost their immune systems.”
Since March 16, Life Time has created new or expanded protocols for every area and program to set a new standard for cleaning and building member trust, including a substantial playbook for team members. In developing its COVID-related protocols, Life Time enlisted a former state epidemiologist (M.D. and Ph.D) with a wide range of experiences in clinical occupational and environment medicine to ensure that its protocols fairly satisfy the latest public health considerations.
Once open, Life Time plans include the following:
- Enhanced cleaning regularly throughout the club, and overnight deep cleaning, using an EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant and virucide that is known to be effective against emerging viral pathogens and human coronavirus, including the virus that causes COVID-19. Video here
- Cleaning stations with disinfectants (in both wipes and spray bottles) throughout the club for members to use before and after exercising on equipment.
- Social distancing measures throughout the club including markings or directions at the front desk, fitness floor, class studios, locker rooms, children’s areas, pool areas and more. • Dedicated equipment for class participants that is cleaned between classes, in order to promote single use.
- Temperature screening for all team members consistent with governmental orders and guidelines.
- In-club and online seminars, programs and education focused on exercise and nutrition.
Life Time reopened its first club in Oklahoma City on Friday, May 8. Additional clubs in Oklahoma, Utah and Texas are reopening beginning and after May 15. Reopening dates for other Life Time clubs, once determined, will be announced to members via the company’s website, social channels and direct emails.
About Life Time®, Inc.
As a wellness pioneer, Life Time is reshaping the way consumers approach their health by integrating where we play, work and live – all with the primary objective of helping people lead healthy, happy lives. With more than 150 destinations in 41 major markets across the U.S. and Canada, Life Time operates luxury athletic resorts, owns and produces iconic athletic events and is expanding its brand though Life Time Work premium coworking spaces and Life Time Living high-end leased residences. For more information visit http://www.lifetime.life.