Duet has Respite Funds Available for Spring Break and Summer Break
By Lindsay Hansen -
Thursday Mar 10, 2022
Duet has respite funds available to help grandfamilies raising grandchildren with the cost associated with camps over spring break or summer break.
“You can sign up for summer sports, church or other community activities and receive funding from Duet,” said Patricia Dominguez, director of kindship care services. “These wonderful programs offer your grandchild a chance to learn a new skill, make new friends and you a much needed break.”
Duet is able to offer up to $250.00 per year, per child.
If you are interested in respite assistance, be prepared to:
· Show legal custody of grandchildren such as guardianship, non-parent custody, etc.
· Answer questions about your unique situation (takes 30-minutes)
· Give the name of the agency that will provide services; include the provider’s full address, phone number, and the name of a contact person
· Give the start-and-end dates of the program and class frequency. (i.e. every Monday and Wednesday)
· If approved, it takes 10 business days to process the request. (please give us ample time for processing)
Contact kinship care services at (602) 274-5022 for an appointment to see if you qualify. If you would prefer assistance in Spanish, contact Maria Davila at (602) 274-5022, ext. 142.
About Duet: Partners In Health & Aging: Duet is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote health and well-being through vitally needed services to homebound adults, family caregivers, faith communities, and grandfamilies. Duet’s free-of-charge services are available in the greater Phoenix area. To volunteer, donate or ask for help, go to http://www.duetaz.org or call (602) 274-5022.