Artlink Announces Programming Highlights of Art Detour 34
By Claire Natale -
Monday Feb 21, 2022
The Month-long Celebration Set to Feature Arizona Artists, Destinations and Experiences
Artlink, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission of connecting artists, businesses and the community, announced the programming highlights of Art Detour 34, its annual spring celebration of arts and culture. Hundreds of creative activities are scheduled from March 1 to 31, 2022, as an invitation to the public to experience Arizona’s creative culture.
Art Detour is Phoenix’s original art walk event and this marks the second year of the expanded all-inclusive showcase of creativity across the Valley and state. The new format highlights a variety of art forms, distinct activities and diverse communities that demonstrates the very best Arizona artists have to offer, alongside special exhibitions and activities hosted by arts and culture destinations.
A broad spectrum of various art mediums and disciplines spanning from visual and performing arts, to culinary arts, fashion design and public art installations, will be featured throughout the month. The featured in-person and virtual events invite the public to celebrate local creativity and engage with Arizona’s thriving art scene and highlight the businesses and organizations that support these endeavors throughout the year.
Destinations and experiences include:
• Galleries: Bentley Gallery, Olney Gallery, eye lounge, ASU Grant Street Studios, Exposed Studio and Galleries, Gallery 119, Quan’tum Art, Wilde Meyer Gallery and Rockin S Art Ranch
• Workshops: Hazel & Violet Letterpress and Xico Inc.
• Performing Arts: Arizona Theater Company, Southwest Shakespeare Company, Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Alwun House, The Nash and Childsplay
• East and West Valley destinations: from Chandler Center for the Arts and Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum at Mesa Arts Center to SMoCA to West Valley Arts Council
• Central Corridor destinations: Heard Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Burton Barr Central Public Library, FOUND:RE Phoenix Hotel, Phoenix Center for the Arts, ARTLAB at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, Valley Metro Artsline and Herberger Theater Center
• Public Art: Phoenix Public Art, Scottsdale Public Art and Evans Churchill North Substation Murals
• Cultural: Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Arizona Museum of Natural History, Cutler Plotkin Jewish Heritage Center and Cahokia PHX
• Fashion: Arizona Designers Studio and FABRIC
• Culinary Arts: Garden Bar PHX, BARCOA Agaveria, AZ Wilderness Brewery, Greenwood Brewery, Grand Avenue Brewing Company, The Larder + The Delta, Carly’s Bistro and Kähvi
• Creative Retail: Hawksalvage, For the People, Yoga Styles and MADE Art Boutique
• Virtual Artist Activities featuring Bela Fidel, Linda Enger, Rachel Eskandari, Chantelle Fulce, Malcolm Sky Glenn and Farnaz Mansouri
Special events include:
• March 3: Creative City Symposium, hosted by Phoenix Community Alliance
• March 4: First Friday Art Walk, in partnership with Roosevelt Row, Historic Grand Avenue, Phoenix Warehouse District and many Articipating destinations throughout central Phoenix
• March 7: People Power the Arts: From Passion to Action, hosted by Arizona Citizens for the Arts
• March 11: Artlink’s 9th annual Art d’Core Gala, a signature celebration of Arizona's arts and culture at Park Central that features a thrilling multimedia art showcase, culinary pop-ups, a fashion runway show and more.
• March 12: Opening of "Graffaholeks 25 Years Strong" at the mood room
• March 12 & 13: Downtown Chamber Series
• March 18: Third Friday Art Walk, greater downtown Phoenix
• March 19: Oak Street Mural Festival
• March 19: On Central Fashion + Art Weekend, hosted by The Garment League
• March 20: Encanto Palmcroft Historic Home Tour & Street Fair
• March 26 & 27: World Championship Hoop Dance Contest, hosted by Heard Museum
• March 27: Obliq’s Soiree #6, Art Studio Tour
"Art Detour is an invitation to experience Arizona’s arts and culture stars, discover the hidden gems,” said Catrina Kahler, President and CEO Artlink Inc. “Our goal is to showcase and share talented Arizona artists and the organizations and businesses that support them with our entire community. Whether you are a seasoned art lover or new to the art scene, Art Detour is a friendly and easy way to experience the thriving arts and culture in our communities and to learn about the many ways our creative culture is supported and contributing to our healthy communities and economy.”
Many Art Detour experiences are free of charge. Additionally, Artlink has geographically expanded the boundaries of the traditional Central Phoenix event to help incorporate new partners and accommodate physical distancing measures.
Art Detour is presented by Artlink, which is supported by Arizona Art Commission, City of Phoenix, Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust, Flinn Foundation, Downtown Phoenix Inc., Park Central, Valley Metro, Chicanos Por La Causa, The Phoenix Theatre Company, Gould Evans, FOUND:RE Phoenix Hotel, Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, The Garment League, Roosevelt Row, Historic Grand Avenue, Phoenix Warehouse District, Ivio Agency, Website Butlers, CLYint, Artlink Articipants and volunteers.
To learn more about how to create your own personalized Art Detour adventure visit http://www.artdetour.com and sign up for the ART DETOUR WEEKLY and WEEKENDER eblasts at the bottom of the homepage.
Visit artdetour.com for details for programming updates and how to get involved as an Articipant. To sign up for updates and for more information about Artlink, please visit artlinkphx.org, or connect via social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Artlink keeps the arts integral to our development by connecting artists, businesses and the community. Founded as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by artists in 1989, the Artlink name is a guiding principle for the organization, as it supports stakeholders of the arts and culture community, amplifying its collective strength. For more information about Artlink, please visit http://www.artlinkphx.org/. Connect socially with Artlink on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.