It won’t be long before holiday bells are ringing, and shoppers who get a jump start on the season have an added incentive with Scottsdale Fashion Square’s annual Shop It Forward program launching this weekend on Sunday, Oct. 15. The grassroots community program allows shoppers to double down on their giving by benefiting deserving local nonprofit organizations with receipts from their purchases at the shopping center.
Through Shop It Forward, nonprofits earn points from shoppers’ qualified purchases based on their final point ranking among other participating nonprofits. Ultimately, Scottsdale Fashion Square will award a combined $25,000 to five participating organizations. This year, the Shop It Forward program will extend into the new year; points can be earned from Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023, through Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024.
Customers can shop, dine and enjoy entertainment at Scottsdale Fashion Square, then submit their receipts to earn points toward donations ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 (retailers will also vote on a $1,000 bonus for one of the five participants). Every purchase made at Scottsdale Fashion Square during the program will receive 5 points per $1.00 spent.
Bonus points (10 points per $1.00) are available for selected retail categories when shoppers make purchases and upload receipts within specified bonus timeframes. Bonus categories include Care Card Retailers; Food and Drink; Women and Men’s Apparel; Department Stores and Home; Luxury Retailers; Family, Lifestyle and Entertainment; Health and Beauty/Sporting Goods; Jewelry, Shoes and Accessories; and Restaurants. In addition, families visiting Santa can earn triple points on any photo package purchase from Nov. 16 through Dec. 24.
Shoppers can find a complete list of retailers offering bonus points and timing for bonus periods, in addition to logging their receipts and selecting their nonprofit, online at http://www.fashionsquare.com/shopitforward
Beneficiaries of the 2023 Shop It Forward program, who will be honored during a celebration and check presentation at Scottsdale Fashion Square in March 2024, include:
• Arizona Theatre Company, a non-profit organization that transforms the lives of every Arizonan through the power of theatre. Their mission is to create world-class theatre about what it means to be alive today – inspiring curiosity and creativity, sparking empathy and joy – bringing all Arizonans together.
• The Board of Visitors Care Card, which serves the community independently to raise and grant funds to deserving nonprofit agencies that mirror the mission of The Board of Visitors: to serve the healthcare needs of women, children and the elderly. This year's recipient of Care Card is the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center - The Big Pink Bus.
• Arizona Humane Society, which aims to save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. In carrying out this mission, they return to their core values of innovation, compassion and excellence and strive for excellence because pets and the community deserve the best.
• Homeward Bound AZ, which serves the unique needs of families facing or experiencing homelessness with prevention, shelter and after-care programs. Their Homelessness Prevention program is offered to the greater community and aims to keep families on the brink of homelessness together in their own homes by providing rent assistance, financial support and resource navigation.
• Trees Matter, a Phoenix-based 501(c)(3) environmental education nonprofit, whose mission is to inspire and promote an increased tree canopy in the Valley. Their newest program, Trees for Schools, aims to get more tree infrastructure into schools alongside teaching staff and students on the importance of trees and long-term tree care.
“Shop It Forward has become a beloved seasonal tradition at Scottsdale Fashion Square,” said Melanie Sutton, Senior Marketing Manager of the upscale shopping center. “The give-back program appeals to shoppers who know they’re helping make a positive impact on the community while making purchases for the holidays and beyond.”
: Shop It Forward runs Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023, through Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024. Bonus points are available during the following bonus periods:
• Oct. 20-29: Care Card Retailers
• Oct. 30 - Nov. 12: Food & Drink
• Nov. 13-26: Women & Men's Apparel
• Nov. 16 - Dec. 24: Santa Photo Package (triple points)
• Nov. 27 - Dec. 10: Department Stores & Home
• Dec. 10-24: Luxury Retailers
• Dec. 26 - Jan. 7: Family, Lifestyle & Entertainment
• Jan. 8-21: Health & Beauty / Sporting Goods
• Jan. 22 - Feb. 5: Jewelry, Shoes, Accessories
• Feb. 5-15: Restaurants
A complete list of retailers participating in Shop It Forward bonus point periods is available at http://www.fashionsquare.com/shopitforward
Scottsdale Fashion Square is one of the premier shopping destinations in the nation. With 1.9 million square feet, and more than 200 shops and restaurants, Scottsdale Fashion Square features more than 40 of the world’s finest luxury and contemporary brands including Louis Vuitton, Dior, Saint Laurent, Gucci, Christian Louboutin, Cartier, Bottega Veneta, Bulgari, Prada, Versace, Salvatore Ferragamo, Jimmy Choo and Burberry. Additional information about Scottsdale Fashion Square can be obtained by visiting: http://www.fashionsquare.com